Supporting Graduates in their Job Search
Stirling Careers Consultancy specialises in working with students before and after they graduate from university. More than ever students need higher level of professional careers support to help you stand out from other candidates in an intensively competitive job market.
Stirling Careers Consultancy works with a wide variety of students from a range of degree programmes to support you from graduation to finding a graduate level job.
We will help you with:
- Identifying your values, skills, achievements and past work experience
- Exploring careers related to your degree
- Exploring your options and career paths
- Exploring careers related to your part-time work, hobbies, volunteering
- Accessing careers information
- Identifying your skills
- Thinking about what you have to offer to prospective employers
- How to find a graduate job
- Doing your research
- Preparing your job search
- Developing an online presence
- Job search including the internet, agencies, adverts, networking etc..
- A professional CV writing support, cover letters and support with application forms
- Preparing for assessment centres
- Preparing for job interviews and anticipating possible interview questions
- Managing and handling a job offer
- Helping you settle into your new job with onboarding / induction
Case Study: Graduate Sarah
Sarah’s father approached Alistair as he wanted his daughter to have some professional careers advice.
She came to us having just graduated from the University of Kent having studied Drama and Theatre studies. She was unsure what she wanted to do and we discussed a number of her career ideas.
Through exploring her career ideas in more detail, we discussed using her degree to teach drama and theatre studies in a secondary school. On exploring this idea further she found that she really wanted to teach students who had Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). She then got a part-time job in a school teaching drama and theatre studies and was then accepted on to doing a teacher training programme with her local authority.
Her father is very happy as Sarah is doing a job she really enjoys, and has a career path mapped out for her. Sarah is really enjoying her new job using her degree and working with vulnerable young people.
For those graduates who are unsure of their career we offer psychometric assessments to help you identify possible careers related to your strengths. These assessments take 100 minutes to complete and at the end you get a detailed report on ten possible careers related to your strengths and interests.
These are the options
- One off fee – one session only £100 (not subject to VAT)
- Six one hour sessions of one to one support for private individuals over a period of 6 months selecting items from the above list £600 (not subject to VAT)
- Nine one hour sessions of one to one support for private individuals over a period of 9 months selecting items from the above list £900 (Not subject to VAT)
How does it work?
- Firstly, we would organise a free initial telephone consultation to find out a little bit more about you and explain how we work.
- We would ask you to complete a short questionnaire and ask you to return it along with your CV
- We will then arrange a day and time to meet either in person or online.
These services are delivered through Zoom, Skype, telephone or Face to Face at a Central London location which could be at the London Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Alternatively, we will hire a room charging you at cost for the room hire in addition to the cost of the careers interview.
"I am now able to broaden my ideas for a future career and possibly find one I might not of thought of before."
Year 10 student
"Having a careers interview in year 11 enabled me to discuss my options. I am now happy with my 'A' Level choices."
Year 11 student
What are the main benefits?
- We access your needs and work with you to give you a tailored programme of support
- We help you put a career plan together
- We help you put a targeted job search plan
- Supporting you from identifying your career options to starting your new job
- We help you understand what employers are looking for
- We help you identify any skills gaps you have and how you can start to gain these skills
How do we provide the service?
We like to have an initial free telephone conversation with you to find out more about what you are looking for and how best we can work together. We then agree a date and time to meet and we ask you to complete a short questionnaire and send your CV and by email prior to the meeting. For those living in Greater London, South East London at the London Chamber of Commerce and Industry we deliver the service face-to-face. If you live in North Kent we will arrange to meet in your home or a mutually convenient location. Alternatively we provide the service by Skype or telephone.
Alistair Stirling is a registered careers adviser with over 20 years’ experience of supporting people back into employment.
Stirling Careers Consultancy is a member of the London Chamber of Commerce and Industry and has a wide network of employers. Alistair Stirling is a registered member of the Career Development Institute.