Stirling Careers Consultancy works with clients who are considering a career change.
This maybe because they are unable to progress in their current role or they may want to challenge themselves by putting their skills, qualifications and training to use in a different setting.
They may be looking for promotion. The career sector they are currently working in may have poor employment or promotion opportunities now and possibly in the future. The sector they are currently working in may be contracting due to the impact of technology. A career change can be a viable option whether you are 20, 30, 40, 50 or 60.
Alternatively, some people change career as they want a change of scenery or schedule, such as those who transition into self-employment to fit around other commitments or want to set up their own business.
It is important to find a career that you are passionate about as work can have a positive impact on your physical and mental wellbeing, your self-confidence, and even, over time, your bank balance. The average person spends a third of their life at work and if you are not happy at work it matters.
“The only way to do great work is to love what you do.” Steve Jobs (Co-founder of Apple).
Changing career is a decision that should be taken carefully as it could change your lifestyle and routine significantly, but it may also be the most rewarding thing that you can do and you will look back in years to come as a great decision.
"Very useful and tailored to our needs and career prospects"
“Thank you for your follow up and for taking the time in these months to help me and support me with my professional development. It was very productive for me and I feel I improved a lot. I have became more confident about my potential and skills.”
“Very useful! The possible questions were useful.”
“I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your time and support over the past year – I really appreciate it and have always come away from each session with useful tips and ideas and am sure that this will be the case for your other clients needing the valuable support too.”
Coaching Client, London
“Very informative and easy to engage and listen.”
London Workshop Client
Through working with us:
- We will look at your current role and the reasons you are looking to change
- We will help you evaluate your current skills, qualifications and experience
- We will help you identify your transferable skills
- We will help you identity your options
- We will help you thoroughly research your options and help you make decisions about your options
- We will help you test your ideas out
- We will help you put together a targeted job search plan
- We will work with you to develop an action plan which will help you achieve the transition into your new role or self-employment
- We also offer psychometric assessments to offer you other career options which will give you other ideas you might not have considered or confirm existing ideas you have
- Working with us will help you transition from your current role to a more fulfilling role
Case Study: Charlotte looking to change career
Charlotte initially came to us for some help in putting her CV together to help her further her career in the construction industry.
Through working together, we were able to rewrite her CV and improve her opportunities in gaining interviews. She then decided that she wanted to change career and we then revamped her CV and covering letter as she wanted to move to another part of the country and work in retail.
She was successful in transferring from the construction into the retail sector. We supported her through her journey into retail and she was very happy with her new role.
The cost of each session is £125 (Not subject to VAT). We recommend six sessions for maximum benefit. Total cost £750 (Not subject to VAT).
How does it work?
- Firstly, we would organise a free initial telephone consultation to find out a little bit more about you and explain how we work.
- We would ask you to complete a short questionnaire and ask you to return it along with your CV
- We will then arrange a day and time to meet either in person or online.
These services are delivered through Zoom, Skype, telephone or Face to Face at a Central London location at the London Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Alternatively, we will hire a room charging you at cost for the room hire in addition to the cost of the careers interview.
Alistair Stirling is a registered careers adviser with over 20 years’ experience of supporting people back into employment.